Does on and off for 17 years count. ;-)

I've worked in a variety of ways. My first paying computer job was as a
freelance programmer for a trade show/museum exhibit shop. I then spent some
time on "staff" there. After that I spent 8 years with a consulting company
after moving to Mpls. Most of that was spent at one client site. I've done
some independent work and now work for a consulting group here in town. A lot
of it depends on the client base, the type of work, and if the people who run
the place. One thing is always true about switching jobs, it always looks
better than what you have right now as they are courting you but once you get
there its much of the same old thing. Do you know anyone who has a) worked
for this firm, or b) worked with them? (used their services.)  If seek out
their impressions.

As for liking or not liking it, I like it. While some of my collegues are on
long term projects I tend to be a "fix-it" man. I come in for short periods
either as staff-augmentation for the client or as the added "technical"
resource if we have a project team in place. It suits my personality and
style just fine.

If you've got specific questions feel free to contact me off list.

Jack Ungerleider