On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Seth I. Bernsen wrote:

> Does anybody know, if I install RH6.2 with the latest updates, will I
> have support for Ultra66?  Currently I'm running one of the newer
> unsupported kernels from kernel.org, but I'm having all kinds of problem
> with network protocol support.  I'd like to go back to a supported
> kernel, but I need the Ultra66 support.

I've tried on two different machine to get a Promise ATA66 IDE card and
ATA66 drive to work with RedHat 6.2 and haven't gotten it to work.  If you
aren't planning on booting with that drive, it's possible.  If you wanna
boot on it, good luck...

I haven't had a chance yet to try the later 2.4.0-test kernels with the
Promise card.

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc at kendeco.com
Airgas Kendeco Tool Crib                        http://www.kendeco.com
       --> Now with new and improved extension number 207!!! <--
        St Cloud Area Linux Users Group: http://www.scalug.org