On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Philip C Mendelsohn wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 jrsmit2 at uswest.com wrote:
>

> > _Exactly_ how many kb will fit on an ISO9660 image?

> If you use 650, you will not have problems or make a lot of coasters.
> If you want to mess with your particular system, as well as different
> brands of media, you may be able to squeeze it up or down.

I used to try to stay in the 630-640 meg range and I *would* end up with
coasters if I tried to do 650 megs. A friend had similar problems. More
modern cd-writers (his was '96, mine was '98?) may be more forgiving.

I always wondered if the ISO9660 filesystem was figured in as overhead.

Saber

 **>  august quote, X11R6.3/include/X11/Xlibint.h, anonymous  <**
 *      Warning, there be dragons here....
 */