* Jason J <jasonj at innominatus.com> [000830 09:44]:
> that you have to do after installing a box. Then all those dumb butt's
> (eh??) would just have to shutup about default (known) insecurity.

Write a script to do it, make it a packge, voila.

For me, I find the defaults to be good.  Theres a line between security
and facisim, sometimes people take it too far and make it too hard to be
a good user.

I personally leave umasks and homedir perms to users, however they want
it, they set it up.  Keep in mind you have to expect your users have
some sort of knowledge.. but I find it bad to assume a user is
completely brain-dead.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> #nicnac at efnet
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman at destiny.ringworld.org