This is my first post to this list and I'm sorry it has to be in the form of a correction.

Gabe: I don't think your statements are accurate. Caldera has always been a "Linux Company". To my knowledge they have never made Windows software. Unless you consider the fact that many of the original Caldera employess came from Novell and they make some software for Windows. They now control the rights to DR-DOS which they acquired from Novell but even that doesn't make them a "DOS company."  Its not a big deal but I prefer to see people use accurate information when they post.

On Sun, 27 August 2000, Gabe Turner wrote:

> > Sheesh. I thought Caldera was a linux company.
> >

> Since when were they a "linux company"?  Even though they make a Linux
> distro, I wouldn't call them a linux company.  If MS made a Linux distro,
> would you call them a Linux company?  Caldera was making Windows software
> long before they had anything to do with Linux.
>
> Gabe
>
> --
> Gabe Turner                       |         X-President,
> UNIX Systems Administrator,               | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
> U of M Supercomputing Institute for           |    Univerisity of Minnesota
> Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu
>
> "Wanna buy a rubber walrus protector?!"
>                     - Mr. Horse in "Rubber Nipple Salesmen"

Jack Ungerleider - The Ungerleider Group
Creative Solutions for Cooperative Computing
jack at jacku.com
www.jacku.com