Tim Sandquist said:
> I used the /etc/hosts trick for a while.  I had problems with some sites.
> Even slashdot.org.  If it tried to load a page with a (blocked) doubleclick
> ad in it it would bring up 404 and going back would try to load the ad again
> and send you to the 404 again.  I would keep going back until slashdot gave
> me a different ad or I gave up and went to a different site.
>
> Lynx works fine though, so it's mostly a browser thing.  I haven't tried it
> with mozilla or konqueror but I suppose I could sometime.

I see...  Interesting.

But that does explain why junkbuster doesn't have this problem - the browser
asks for the image (or whatever) and it gets a valid response from
junkbuster.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+