On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Apu wrote:
> I have two boxes networked by a hub and connected to a cable modem. One is
> running 98/linux and another is running freebsd . After successfully installed
> apache in one box I started apache by   " /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start "
> Now, when I put my ip in browser I do not seem to see the apache firing up. Is
> this because I have two machines. By the way both of them shows me the same IP.
>
> How do I get it to work that one machine is running apache all the time whereas
> in the other machine I am doing my usual stuff. Help much appreciated.

ifconfig on each machine shows you that you have the same ip address?

It could be that the cablemodem is doing some sort of NAT translation, so
to the outside work it appears you have the same IP. If this is the case,
you need to add Static NAT entries to the cm to route www traffic to the
internal IP of the box running the web server.

If you're actually using the SAME IP on both boxes, that's.. bad. Change
one.  :)