Depending on your service, you shouldn't need windows. The tech who
installed our pretty much looked at was going on and said "You don't really
need me do you? Here, fill this out."

The for was pretty much a "Do you meet our hardware requirments?" and went
something like this:
(Yes, this is really how we filled it out!)
Processor: Fast enough
Memory: Enough
Hard drive space: kinda tight but it will do.
Operating System: Installed.

All authintication is done via the MAC on our cable modem. DHCPCD works fine
as long as RR's M$ servers are up and running. (25% of the time rebooting or
restarting your network is not a good idea.)

We're with TimeWarner. It may be different with MediaOne, but probally not
much. The Tech who came out was Linux friendly. (He wants to learn more
Linux.)

Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean they disallow it. =)

--
        \\\|///