Did you do a make modules and make modules_install?

Gabe

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 12:08:31AM -0500, Brian Toberman wrote:
> Well that was rather disapointing. I had hoped I could  compile
> Caldera's exp 2.4 beta kernal as a system all on it's own but it seems
> that either I ned to have  Linux already installed and just do a kernal
> import or this thing does not work at all.  Ran a compile, make zImage,
> had to make bzImage. but it stil tells me that the modules for device
> drivers aren't compiled or amI missing something obvious.
> I've already cut out the chaff. make dep, make clean.  made it through
> make bzImage " nothing more to be done '/usr/src/linux-2.4.0/scripts'  I
> give up. I'm putting 2.2.10 back in and just using theneet source code
> rpms that came in the box.

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I like the same theengs you do: wax paper,
 boiled football leather, dog breath!!"
				- Commander Hoek (Ren) in "Space Madness"