> You haven't been clear on what kind of network you're working with.
> Cable/DSL? All internal? That info could help. Can the windows boxes see
> eachother? What is the configuration of the windows boxes network? (run
> winipcfg for 9x, ipconfig in a command shell for NT/2000)

My isp is a high speed cable modem.  The two laptops have pcmcia NICs.
The desktop has an internal NIC.  The Doze boxes see each other fine,
can file and printer share, etc.  The Linux laptop (dual booted)
connects to the cable modem fine, in fact that's what I normally use for
internet and e-mail.  The winipcfg for the Doze laptop is:

HOST INFO:
Name: ACER
DNS Servers:209.210.240.16
Node Type: Hybrid
Everything else in host info is either blank or unchecked

ADAPTER INFO:
Adapter address: 00-10-A4-0A-46-27
IP Address: 63.160.27.213
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 63.160.27.1
DHCP Server: 208.8.186.9

The Desktop is:

HOST INFO:

Name: brookings.satcableservice.ispchannel
DNS Server:208.163.60.10
Node Type: Broadcast
Everything else in Host Info is blank or unchecked

ADAPTER INFO:

Adapter Address00-50-04-3A-50-E0
IP Address: 63.160.27.188
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: 208.8.186.9

It's irrelevant what netconf has in its boxes on this Linux box because
they're obviously wrong.  I need to know what they should be.

Thanks again for the help.

Ken Russell
The Russell Pottery