On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> I installed helix-gnome and am now running under sawfish.  However, as a
> user, I cannot add menus because I do not have permissions.  Second,
> gnomecc still crashes/segs.  But I am making progress.

Why gnomecc crashes I can't say. I have no trouble with it. Maybe you just
have a crufty install. But in a *proper* distribution (*ahem* dang RedHat
GNOME hacks *ahem* did I say that out loud?) a normal user shouldn't be
able to modify the system-wide menus. Only the sysadmin should be able to
do that. :) That's what the "favorites" (a.k.a. "user menus") are for. Add
some menu entries to that. Or login as root and edit the system menus at
will. :)

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock