On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 03:08:21PM -0400, Charles Fulton wrote:
> Andy Zbikowski wrote:
>

> > > Are there any ftp's with an iso of woody?
> > >
> > There are no official woody isos, as woody hasn't been released, and any
> > iso released would be out of date by tomorrow. If you haven't allready,
> > learn how to do a network based install. It's much more plesent than
> > burning ISO's anyway.
>
> It's not so pleasent over a modem.  ;-)
>
> ISOs have their place... that was my biggest gripe with debian when I first
> tried it, I couldn't find a recent ISO to play with on my disconnnected 486
> POS crash and burn box.

Well take a look at cdimage.debian.org and the pseudo-image-kit package.
You can download just what you want, and make your own iso images. Its a
little bit more of a hassle, but you can save yourself from downloading
a bunch of stuff that you don't need.

(Unfortunately, at the moment I can't get through to cdimage.debian.org).

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |