On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to de-install/install the GNOME Command Center?
> Everytime I try to access it, BOOM, it crashes.

You're using Debian, right? If so, apt-get upgrade to get the latest
version. I was getting the same behavior, and the newest version fixed it.

> Yes, I did RTFM but the GNOME manuals start from the perspective of
> having successfully installed GNOME and I don't think I am there yet.  I
> can run Enlightenment but cannot alter settings.  If I try to move to
> Sawmill, my screen goes blank.  Do I need to completely
> deinstall/reinstall GNOME?

Did you install the Helix Gnome packages? I've had good luck with them. If
you apt-get install task-helix-gnome, it'll grab the whole thing. (Assuming
you've got the entry for helix in your sources.list.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/