On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:22:17AM -0500, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
>Greet the sun all,
>
>I have a couple of GNOME questions.
>
>1) Is it possible to de-install/install the GNOME Command Center?
>Everytime I try to access it, BOOM, it crashes.
>
>2) When I installed GNOME/Enlightenment under RH 6.2, individual users
>had the ability to modify settings, add menu items, etc.  Running under
>Debian/woody, I get a permissions error.  How do I give permissions to
>users to alter the default settings.

All you should need to do is add
deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main

to sources list and apt-get update and apt-get install task-helix-gnome

if it fails use dselect or whatever to get rid of all the old gnome stuff.
Helix code is what you want to be running. Then you will be good. I have never
had the problems you mention, something must be borked.

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (T)hrowup