When you are online and you get a phone call you hear the modem ring. So you
can either pick up the phone that is connected to the modem and talk or ignore
the call alltogether. If you pick up you have seven seconds to find out who it
is. If you hang up before then you keep your internet connection. After seven
seconds you loose the connection. Although you cant surf and talk at the same
time. I have also found that sometimes you can talk longer than seven seconds
and not get dissconnected. I guess it depends on who you dial up to and what
their timeout values are set at. I would say that its a good Idea if you want
to be online and not miss calls at the same time.

------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------