Phil Plumbo said:
> I'm running redhat 6.2 here on a machine that is rebooted fairly often and
> every time I reboot the initial screen comes up at a coarser resolution than
> I prefer to use, so I'm always hitting ctrl-alt+ to bring the login text
> field into full view.
>
> What can I do to make the guy in the red hat use MY settings, (not his) next
> time?

Edit your XF86Config (/etc/X11/XF86Config on Debian; I don't know where RH
puts it) and rearrange the Display subsections so that your preferred Depth
and Mode are listed first.

Or run XF86Setup if it's installed and don't give it any other options aside
from your preferred resoltion/color depth if you only ever use one res/depth.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+