>	Not sure, I thought I was adding it downstream from the >original drive
>but I really don't know what "port" that is.

That would be primary slave.  There should be two IDE prts on your
controller/motherboard/wherever the other drive plugs into.  The current
drive is primary master, the other IDE port would be secondary.  set the
jumper to cs and plug it into the second IDE port.  That will make it HDC.

Sounds like you've got the rest covered, good luck to ya!

> If you try to make it
> primary slave, Windows will rebel.  Making it Secondary master should be
ok.

If I could get www.quantum.com to work rather than give me some bizarre
error, I could probably figure out how to set the jumpers on the drive.
There are 3 postions, labeled
sp
ds
cs (jumpered)

Its a quantum ProDrive LPS 240MB, (ha ha ha 240MB... its quite old)

> Also, you'll have to do the LILO config yourself to see the boot sector of
> hdc (your windows drive, secondary slave).  I've added partitions in LILO
> hundred times and every single time I have to dig out the docs.  Should be
> in the LILO HOWTO.

Yup, LILO's not too hard though.

For additional commands, e-mail: tclug-list-help at mn-linux.org