> I installed potato on my laptop.  As part of the install process, it
> asked if I wanted to make a boot floppy and I said yes.  Standard being
> careful stuff.  When I try to boot into my Debian, it will not boot from
> the harddisk, only the boot floppy.  I am a bit out of my element here.
> I can debug the LI errors but I am not even getting that far.  Once I
> boot from the floppy (which is really sloooooooooooow), the boot process
> runs fine.  What do I have to do in order to boot from the hard disk?
> Is it a LILO thang?

Sounds like a LILO thing, and a common one when Windows gets involved. Is
this a dual boot machine?  Don't know much about the debian install
process, or what its options are in setting up LILO.

If it's dual boot, you should be able to boot from the floppy, double
check /etc/lilo.conf for sanity, and then run /sbin/lilo to fix the boot
record.

If that doesn't work, you may need to use a DOS startup disk to
boot, then run `fdisk /mbr'. Then start linux from the floppy and do as
indicated in the above paragraph.

Andy