>Maybe I should attend the installfest.  What specifically do I >need to
bring?
>(besides the tower)
>I don't really fancy lugging a monitor around town.

This is OT, but from the sound of it you purchased a system that came with
Win95, and you wanted a blank hard drive to install linux on.  If you're not
using Win95, have you considered sending in the "unused portion of the
product" for a refund?

I'm just curious to hear if anyone else has actually done this.  I'm
considering buying a cheap E-machine for $400, sending my Win95
media/license back for a refund (should be $200, but I've heard stories to
the contrary) and basically buying a $200 Celeron system for parts.  Does
anyone else have any input on this?