I got RH 5.2 installed at a TClug installfest in April of 1999 (LILO dual
boot with Win 95 Linux on a separate HD). About a year later I started
using it significantly.  I plan to upgrade to RH 6.2 (re install) on Sat -
(I bought the RH 6.2 Standard upgrade box which I'll bring.)

I want to copy all the stuff in my home directory to my 'spare' partition
before the reinstall and maybe a few other files I've changed.  However I
in the lst couple weeks I've developed problems (file system errors maybe
others related to having an unclean shutdown when Xwindows locked up tho
so many attempts since them I dont really know what happened) so I cant
get the 5.2 RH up to make the backup.

Is anyone going to be around that can help me with rescuing my old file
before reinstalling?  The upgrade box includes a floppy that may allow me
boot from and copy the files tho I have not attempted it.  I'm a bit
hesitant since I still dont feel too confident .

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson at cohousing.org    Minneapolis,MN   55411
Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)