Timothy Wilson said:
> Using CVS would be great from my perspective, being the one who hands out
> access to those who are interested in developing things for our site. I've
> never really had the occasion to learn how to use CVS, but I'm confident
> that it would be no big deal.

Yeah, if you're able to run a decent *nix system, learning the basic,
daily-usage CVS commands should be dead easy.

> The prospect of having to hold others' hands,
> however, is frightening.

True.

> Is there a *really* easy way to manage CVS checkouts, commits, etc. from
> Win9x? If so, I would consider playing around with it for some of the
> developers around here.

I know there's WinCVS, but I've never bothered trying to figure it out.  (I'm
the Linux guy in a shop full of Windows programmers.)  Of the Windows guys,
the one who uses CVS most consistently prefers to just open a command prompt
and use the command-line CVS interface, so I don't know what that says about
WinCVS's usability...

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+