On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 06:32:49PM -0500, Bill Layer wrote:
>The last thread reminded me of this.
>
>If anyone is planning to install Linux to a drive currently partitioned as
>FAT, it would make sense to defrag that drive, last thing before shutting
>down and coming to the installfest. This will save a great deal of time if
>you plan to use anything like Partition Magic or FIPS to create a new
>partition on a drive that is currently storing data.

Hey Bill, sounds like a lesson learned from the last time. Good call. I seem
to remember that there was one person install who needed to do this and she
had a pretty BIG very fragmented drive too.

--
Ben Lutgens  Work: 612.379.5941 Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541
Systems Administrator Sistina Software Inc. http://www.globalfilesystem.org/