> Can fdisk move partitions?  I have a laptop that has a two-partition 6GB
> drive.  Both partitions are formatted to NTFS.  With PartitionMagic (in
> the past), I have been able to shrink the size of the second partition
> in order to make space for Linux.  However, PartitionMagic chokes upon
> startup on this laptop so I was looking for alternatives.  Right now, I
> really can't ax the partition and redo it.

No, fdisk can't move partitions.  It seems to me like she wanted to merge
her current partition and her linux partition (which can be done with
partition magic).  But my suggestion is to just turn her linux
partition into a win98 partition.  Easier than messing around with
partition magic (especially if you don't have the media).

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Ya lousy bum!"
		- Muddy Mudskipper in "Stimpy's Big Day"