mjn said:
> I have a couple of users on a Mandrake system who I'd like to have
> access(need to FTP and modify files) to the web directory for two
> different websites.  Right now, one of them has root password, which I
> found after he told me he had changed the Apache config much to my disgust
> and surprise (its not my mess, I am just trying to clean it up), but I am
> not to up on my user administration...
>
> How is this typically done without molesting newgrp or similar commands?

Find out how the offending user got the root password, slap him on the wrist
(or something more severe, depending on how he got it), change the root
password to something that looks like line noise, and make sure he doesn't
get his hands on it again.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+