On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:
> I've never seen any problems.  Sihope's always used USR's TC chassis for
> analog dial-ups, and our upstream connection usually sits at 75%
> utilization or less.  My ping times over DSL are generally 30ms from
> my router to my router, which is about as good as you can expect over DSL.

This was about a year ago, maybe things have improved since then.. on the
old dial-ups, I was lucky to get downloads of 3k/s on a 49k connect..
where with other ISP's, I was able to get 4-5k/s all the time. Of course,
I stuck with Sihope because they would route me a /28 over a dialup.. :)

> Plus we don't have the problems inherant with being a customer of a
> certain provider that doesn't know how to properly speak BGP to it's peers
> since it fired most of it's technical staff after they merged...again.

Hmm... mr.net, you mean?  :)  That's why we've got a Sprint T1 now.. funny
thing, ~90% of our traffic goes out that connection.. you would think
mr.net would be the better route since they are multihomed better, but
nope..