If you're in bridged mode you need to either have your linux machine doing
ipmasq for the BeOS system or you need to have your ISP route you a block.
If you're doing ATMoPPP then you can either have the DSL modem do
masquerading or have your ISP route you a block.

Can you give us more specifics?

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications