Hello Scott and the rest who replied,

The situation which I described to you a couple weeks ago seems to be
improving. I fought tooth and nail and refused to compromise on what I
consider to be the spirit and the letter of our Open Source licenses.
The company that we're working with dropped all non-competition and
confidentiality clauses from the contracts for the current branch of our
GPL, LGPL and GFDL project. Unfortunately, they probably compromised
because we had them by the balls and not because they learned something.
Oh well!

While the other three members of our four person team have signed
appreciable contracts, I haven't signed. I've decided to complete my work
without a contract, it'll drive the Human Resources Manager to an early
grave.

Several other good things emerged from the after dust. We found
another Job Shop that offered to hire our entire team. Open Source
research and development shops are alive and well in Europe. None of us
will work for this other company because the current one is showing some
promise. Our project has been seperated from the rest of the company which
allows us to define contracts so we can shop parts of our project out to
independent contractors.

Now comes the fun part, delivering the product which we're being paid to
finish.

The Free Software Foundation did respond to the letter I sent asking for
advice. They offered their lawyer probono (sic). I thought that was
exceptional. The offer was only for advice not representation. Dispite the
fact that we're not working on the Kernel or Emacs, they actually take an
interest. Pretty damned cool in the mind of a nobody like me.

Well, just thought folks might be interested in a follow up to my
original post. As a side note, these freaks eat raw red meat. Like a dish
called "Mexican goobelie glop" is just raw hamburger with a mint leaf
tossed onto a dish. At first I was disgusted but then I thought about it
and decided, that sorta rules! What remains disgusting is the sausage I
ordered after not eating for about 24 hours...turned out to be Pig's guts.
What the hell are thinking.

ron, clueless in the land that created lingerie, parker