"Bob W. Anderson" wrote:

> >I want to clarify that I had the model II TRS-80, which was color and 16k.
> > The original was...much worse like Bob says.
> >
> >Bob, did you beat adventure in that 20 hours? :)
> >
> No, Adam, Adventure beat ME in 20 hours.   I think it took all of ten months of
> late night prowling and pages and pages of hand-drawn maps to finally set off
> that bundle of rods and escape.   I still have a composite and convoluted map I
> drew of all the rooms, passages, and treasures.   xyzzy!
> Bob W. Anderson
> Newport, MN

I used to play adventure off a remote mainframe with my little green screen terminal
and 110 baud modem.  It really built tension when you had to wait for each
character to display to see what your fate was...

Prior to that I played it on a teletype, but the noise was driving me crazy so I had to
quit  until I could upgrade to a terminal...

Kent