* jrsmit2 at uswest.com <jrsmit2 at uswest.com> [000803 12:18]:
> They also discuss fiber-to-curb and fiber-to-the-home, but those aren't in
> great use anywhere.

I think sprint/united does use them in some of their maple grove service
areas (up to the 'curb', or 'subdivision' in this case).

As I said, i think this is waiting for a solution that doesn't allow
things like Covad put their equipment with the DLC equip. ;)

I couldn't believe how much they wanted for an isdn loop tho :( Had to
be at least 150$ for the install. 80+$/month.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> #nicnac at efnet
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman at destiny.ringworld.org

The previous system shutdown at 9:30:09 AM on 7/25/00 was unexpected.
  -Standard NT logfile message