* Adam Maloney <adamm at sihope.com> [000803 10:41]:
> I haven't heard much on the development of running over fiber but I know
> US-West was working really hard at getting as many people on DSL as they

I was talking with a Mcleod employee once about DLC and xDSL equipment,
and the thing was that noone is making the xDSL stuff for DLC chasssis
in non-controlled envrions (ie: not air conditioned).  Alot of these DLC
environs are out closer to the homes, in a box or underground, and with
*very* *very* tight space requirements.  I dont think QWest would offer
DLC based xDSL until they knew of a solution that lets them force Covad
and others keep their equipment at the CO instead at the DLC->copper
points.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> #nicnac at efnet
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman at destiny.ringworld.org

The previous system shutdown at 9:30:09 AM on 7/25/00 was unexpected.
  -Standard NT logfile message