Truth be told, I only know what I have been able to peice together from
the USWest website, a couple calls to there order center, and
http://www.dslreports.com/ . So I really don't know if that is the real
problem. I got the most information from the calls, but the people I
talked to needed to talk to others to provide any level of detail
surrounding the problem (my 'not being able to get DSL from them'
problem). Should I call the USWest order center and try to complain up a
ladder, or is there somewhere else I can call? Does anyone know details
about the Fridley telecommunication situation? If so, I would be
eternally grateful to someone who would sketch out the 'real' deal. TIA,

Troy

Adam Maloney wrote:

> You can call and whine, and if enough people do they may accelerate it.
> Other than that there's nothing you can really do.  Are you sure the
> problem is that there's no DSLAM in Fridley?  FAIK there's a lot of fiber
> right to the doorsteps out there that's preventing people from getting
> DSL.
>
> Adam Maloney
> Systems Administrator
> Sihope Communications
>
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Troy A. Johnson wrote:
>
> > Can you do or say anything to get USWest to put the proper equipment for
> > DSL at your CO (mine is Fridley)?
> >
> > Adam Maloney wrote:
> > >
> > > In case anyone here was interested in getting DSL but couldn't loop qual
> > > (even if you were within the proper distance) [US|Q]west began removing
> > > load coils from lines in late June.  They expect to be done by Q1 2001.
> > > Unfortunately the site with the list of where they are completed isn't
> > > available so i don't have any more information, but you may want to try
> > > another loop qualification in the coming months.
> > >
> > > Also here are the latest CO's that now support DSL:
> > >
> > > MN:  Duluth Melrose, Richfield, Stillwater
> > >
> > > Adam Maloney
> > > Systems Administrator
> > > Sihope Communications

> > --
> > Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536 at tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
> > ...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people
> > against whom gun bans are aimed.  Almost without exception, murderers
> > are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance
> > abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence
> > against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g.,
> > automobile and gun accidents."
> >         -- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536 at tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it
will
convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it
would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered
	-- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.