On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, John R. Sheets wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 02, 2000, Philip C Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:
> > Edit sources.list.  I just did that to install glibc6 on my slink+
> > box.  I should get off my duff and do a dist-upgrade, but work has my
> > blinders on to doing much that doesn't have to do with the project I'm
> > working on.
>
> Is there an official mechanism for that, or do you have to hack it in,
> do the install, then hack it back out?  If it's an official option, how
> do I tell it to only install/update certain packages from unstable?

Edit your sources.list to include unstable, then

apt-get install 'package1, package2, ... '

It will go find the most current package automagically.

Alternatively, you can download a .deb and run

dpkg -i $dir/$package.deb

where $dir is where you put it and $package is whatever the package is
called.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math