Ah, a fairly unique scenario, indeed.  If I were you, I'd search /., or maybe send this in as an "Ask /." entry.

Gabe

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:26:02AM -0500, Ben Kochie wrote:
> this also brings up another question on import/export of encryption.. I am
> looking at a job which has offices in multiple countries, and they want
> to be able to setup secure VPN links (instead of just ftp copying
> files) between their sites, what laws are involved with doing stuff like
> IPsec, or other tunneling with encryption?
>
> Thank You,
>         Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)

> | Unix/Linux Consulting |  [ Haiku Error Message:          ]
> |  PC/Mac Repair        |  [  Chaos reigns within.         ]
> |   Networking          |  [  Reflect, repent, and reboot. ]
> | http://nerp.net       |  [  Order shall return.          ]

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"My opera records!  All goobered bubble gum!"	- Ren Hoek in "Sven Hoek"