Andy,

I've played around with NSS_LDAP and PAM_LDAP quite a bit, but really
haven't got anything running in production. The site I've used for a
reference is http://www.padl.com. Under the "products" page they have a few
things of interest... they have an "LDAP examples" page, which includes some
LDIF entries for things like users and groups. They also have a "tools" page
that has perl scripts that help you convert your existing Unix information
(passwd, group, hosts, services, etc) to LDAP.

Kevin