Send reply to:  	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Date sent:      	Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:22:34 -0500
From:           	Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>
Copies to:      	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject:        	Re: [TCLUG:19507] Cannot get webalizer-2.00.12-2 to run.

> * Mike Glaser <mikeg at tcamerican.com> [000710 15:19]:
> > I am having some problems with getting webalizer to run on a new
> > RedHat 6..2 server.
> >
> > The package I installed was webalizer-2.00.12-2.i386.rpm. I
> > downloaded it from rpmfind.net.
> >
> > After configuring the webalizer.conf file to my liking I run the
> > webalizer and was given the following error:
> >
> > webalizer: error in loading shared libraries: webalizer: undefined
> > symbol: gdImagePng

> You need to get the newer version of libgd from boutell.com that
> supports png.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Scott.

I went to www.boutell.com and dowloaded the latest version of libgd -
I think it was 1.8.3. I followed the build instructions they provided
but I continued to receive the same error as above.

I was running out of time so I gave up and went back to webalizer-
1.30 and that is working fine.

Mike